Monday, February 21, 2011

Review on birth control pills (Ortho Tri Cyclen) for acne

I wrote this entry a while ago, haven't posted it due to being busy. Here it is finally, I took the picture recently so that you can get a better understanding of this drug:


It's been exactly 28 days since I started taking Ortho Tri Cyclen for acne. I just wanted to give you guys an update on how this is for me so far. There are lots of mini reviews and experiences on people taking this for acne on acne.org. Good ones and bad ones. Do go there and check it out if you want to get a feel of this drug from real people suffering from acne.

So Ortho Tri Cyclen has four different pills, each 7 pills. The first three have different dosage of norgestimate and ethinyl estradiol. The last seven have no hormones and your period is suppose to come sometimes during those 7 days. see picture below as to what this drug looks like.

I started on Sunday 28 days ago. What I noticed most is the texture of my skin changing after 3 or 4 days of taking this. It was a lot softer and smoother to the touch which I never had before. If you have curious, you can see some of my before photos in an earlier post, post name hyperlink it. My skin was very rough and dull. I still broke out while on this drug. A little bit here and there. Nothing major and usually goes away within a day or two. My period was irregular because it came when it was suppose to right in the middle of the pills and lasted at least 14 days.

I didn't notice any symptoms such as weight gain, vomiting or upset stomach. But again I only took it for 28 days. Overall, I didn't feel any different other than the changes with my skin. I have some pictures of my skin for your reference. Again, you can find the before pictures in my other post. I will give more updates for Ortho Tri Cyclen after I finish another pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment